9 reasons the NBA sucks: 1. Players lack toughness. They sit out for bruised fingers. 2. Defensive efforts suck. 3. 6 time-outs per game. 4. The last minute of some games takes 10 minutes to play out. 5. Metta World Peace. 6. No physicality. Fouls are called for pushing. 7. No drama or excitement until late in the game. Don't leave your seat at a hockey game. You might miss something. At a basketball game, go ahead and take a half hour crap. Nothing matters until there's 5 minutes left. 8. Teamwork. I don't watch hockey to watch the stars dominate. I don't know anyone who does. There's a reason why hockey fans love the Pat Kaletas and Steve Otts of the world. Anything can happen when any given line is on the ice. 9. Honor and code. Hockey is a culture. There are unwritten rules, rituals, and traditions that everyone has a general understanding about. It's a unique chivalry that can't be found in any other sport.
We all miss the NHL and there’s only so far #SabreSim2012 can take us.
Face it. Â It’s time to try to make friends with the NBA.
Here’s the good news. Â There’s a reason LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Dirk Nowitzki are stars. Â As the rest of country is aware, night in and night out, the NBA is churning out a better product than the NHL.
Here are 9 reasons to give the NBA a shot.
- You’ll learn the important players quickly. Â Watch any team for 15 minutes and form an opinion Â because the stars are on display at all times. Â No waiting around for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to take his thirty four second shift. Â With 12 man rosters (typically containing 8 players that matter), you’ll be up to speed on the majority of the league in no time.
- The game looks and sounds great.Â That 82Â inch LED TVÂ that you’re about to buy?Â Yeah, thatâ€™s for watching this.
- TNT’s studio show with Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith is the best in sports… Â by a lot.
- The Draft! Â Only 2 rounds long, features plenty of guys you already know if you watch the college game, and trades galore.
- Embrace the NBA and you can talk sports with people who live more than 5 miles south of Canadian border.
- Itâ€™s a game you’ve played. Â Your gym class was held on a basketball court, not an ice rink.
- Americans are still the best in the world at basketball and the best of the best play in this league. Â ’Merica!
- Youâ€™ll feel cooler.
- They decided to have a season this year.