It took some time but the Buffalo Bills have finally taken public sentiment to heart and
completely destroyed tabled the Bills in Toronto debacle series for a year.
Eight home games? In the same season? Like a real NFL team?
We’re back, baby!
Here are six quick thoughts on Russ Brandon’s incredibly encouraging announcement.
- What a great distraction this is from the Jairus Byrd situation. In fact, a case can be made that the Bills are better off spending roughly the same money buying back a home game than they would’ve been using the franchise tag to buy another year of the Pro Bowl safety.
- It’s kind of dirty pool to make the announcement on NHL trade deadline day. It’s basically the only day that matters this year for fans of the only other major team in town and the Bills woke up early to make sure they give themselves a shot at leading the local news.
- In an era with reportedly warring factions within the front office, this is a possible sign that the good guys are winning.
- Russ Brandon announced it. Russ Brandon must like it. Until further notice, we’re cool with Russ Brandon.
- The team forgoing a cash grab in exchange for a home game sure makes it seem like like they are thinking about making the playoffs this year. That’s a new twist.
- Sure, it’s just a “postponement” but it certainly feels like step one in making this whole Toronto nightmare go away.
Now, is there any way we can talk Toronto into keeping a preseason game (or two– please two) every year?
TrendingBuffalo Great, one more game that will be blacked out.