We all miss the NHL and there’s only so far #SabreSim2012 can take us.
Face it. It’s time to try to make friends with the NBA.
Here’s the good news. There’s a reason LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Dirk Nowitzki are stars. As the rest of country is aware, night in and night out, the NBA is churning out a better product than the NHL.
Here are 9 reasons to give the NBA a shot.
- You’ll learn the important players quickly. Watch any team for 15 minutes and form an opinion because the stars are on display at all times. No waiting around for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to take his thirty four second shift. With 12 man rosters (typically containing 8 players that matter), you’ll be up to speed on the majority of the league in no time.
- The game looks and sounds great. That 82 inch LED TV that you’re about to buy? Yeah, that’s for watching this.
- TNT’s studio show with Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith is the best in sports… by a lot.
- The Draft! Only 2 rounds long, features plenty of guys you already know if you watch the college game, and trades galore.
- Embrace the NBA and you can talk sports with people who live more than 5 miles south of Canadian border.
- It’s a game you’ve played. Your gym class was held on a basketball court, not an ice rink.
- Americans are still the best in the world at basketball and the best of the best play in this league. ‘Merica!
- You’ll feel cooler.
- They decided to have a season this year.