- Jadeveon Clowney- South Carolina- for all the negative talk he can do things few others can on a football field.
- Kony Ealy- Missouri– Sam gets the press but this is the Missouri DE you want.
- Dee Ford- Auburn– great season finished off with outstanding game in National Championship and Senior Bowl.
- Scott Crichton- Oregon State- solid 10 sack a year football player.
- Trent Murphy– Stanford– country strong, played well against top teams.
- Stephon Tuitt- Notre Dame– some see as a DT. Last year was disappointing.
- Kareem Martin- UNC under appreciated guy that is now getting more love.
- Aaron Donald- Pitt- a short quick great penetrator that disturbs plays.
- Louis Nix Notre Dame– can be that dominant run stuffer.
- Timmy Jernigan- Florida State- dominating force in the middle of a great defense.
- Ra’Shede Hageman- Minnesota– here on potential rather than actual production.
- Will Sutton- Arizona State- weight all over the board in college from 285-320.
- Dominique Easley- Florida- would have been a first round pick before ACL injuries.
- DaQuan Jones- Penn State- I like more than most. 11.5 tackles for loss last year.
- Khalil Mack –UB- name in mix for 1st overall if Texans don’t go QB.
- Anthony Barr- UCLA- very long wingspan, didn’t play defense until 2012.
- Ryan Shazier- Ohio State- little slender but think of Lavonte David type of guy.
- Kyle Von Noy- BYU- reminds me of the “Mad Stork” Ted Hendricks.
- Demarcus Lawrence Boise State– cut him loose on the edge and he will create havoc.
- Jeremiah Attaochu- GT- shows you the depth of this class. I love this guy.
- Telvin Smith Florida State- concern only 218lbs but very productive.
- CJ Mosley- Alabama- next in line of NFL linebackers to come from ‘Bama.
- Shane Skov- Stanford- biggest knock on him is not a high ceiling. Desire infectious.
- Chris Borland- Wisconsin– not impressive physically. He’s Zach Thomas.
- Yawin Smallwood- UConn- lanky frame more of an OLB’s body. Can cover too.
- Lamin Barrow- LSU- better athlete than LB, next ILB at LSU after Shephard and Minter.
- Christian Jones- Florida State- top prospect out of high school that lived up to hype.
- Max Bullough- Michigan State- career gone little south since Rose Bowl suspension.
- Darqueze Dennard- Michigan State- very physical corner won Thorpe award.
- Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State- might be the best athlete in the draft.
- Jason Verrett- TCU– would be number one corner if little taller.
- Kyle Fuller- VT– late riser that could go in Round 1.
- Bradley Roby- Ohio State- just don’t turn on the Wisconsin game.
- Lamarcus Joyner- Florida State- only 5-8 but plays bigger, think Tyrann Mathieu.
- Stanley Jean Baptiste- Nebraska- everyone looking for next Richard Sherman might see that potential in him.
- Ha Ha Clinton Dix- Alabama- scouts rave about his high football IQ.
- Calvin Pryor- Louisville- good range and punishing against the run.
- Ed Reynolds- Stanford– father Ed played for pats and Giants from 83-92.
- Terrance Brooks- Florida State- he attacks the run like the Seattle safeties.
- Dion Bailey- USC- split time with Trojans as LB and safety.
- Kenny Ladler- Vanderbilt- part of 10 turnovers last year; five forced fumbles and five INT’s.
- Jemea Thomas- Georgia Tech- only 5’9 192 but plays very physical, durability?
- Deone Bucannon- Washington State- ran faster at combine than expected. Punishing against run.
- Jimmie Ward- N Illinois- played some corner in college like Byrd and Thomas.
- Ahmad Dixon- Baylor- slipping after up and down Senior bowl and poor combine.
- Craig Loston- LSU- good instincts and fearless hitter like Eric Reid.
- Vinnie Sunseri- Alabama– father Sal coaches at FloridaState. Coach on the field.
- Isiah Lewis- Michigan State- goes forward better than he goes back. Limited in coverage.
- Hakeem Smith- Louisville- like the way he is always thinking of creating a big play.