We’re not asking for much, right?
Our friends at Store 716 recently put out these shirts as a Father’s Day gift item and it’s raised a question at TBHQ.
Which of the following is most likely to happen?
- The Bills win a Super Bowl before you die.
- The Sabres win a Stanley Cup before you die.
- You die without ever seeing either thing happen.
First, you need to think about how many more years you’re going to be on the planet. Use this handy calculator to determine your exact date of death. (Isn’t the internet the best?)
Then, it’s time to consider the direction of each franchise.
There have been times when one or the other team seemed far more likely to achieve the ultimate goal (1990’s era Bills, 2005-7 Sabres) but, right now? Let’s call it a holding pattern.
- Ownership stability/franchise viability (EDGE- Sabres)
- Current roster (Can the QB play? Who is the goaltender?)
- Front office (Regier and company vs newly-structured OBD)
- Coaching (new guy vs newer guy)
- Level of competition/ likelihood of rising from ashes in NFL/NHL
So, the Bills as champs? The Sabres as champs? Death?
What do you think?